Get Involved & Volunteer
Bon Secours Volunteer Ministry is located in Baltimore, Maryland. Our volunteers live in community in Southwest Baltimore - the neighborhood in which they serve. We specialize in providing our volunteers with the opportunity to minister in the areas of health care, education, and social service. Thus, through this year of full-time service, our volunteers are enabled to:
- Live Compassionately
- Offer Healing
- Share in Liberation
Due to our location, our focus, and our size, we offer an intimate year of experiential education. In addition to learning about urban poverty and urban injustice, volunteers find this to be a year of deep personal growth.
Where Do Bon Secours Volunteers Serve?
Bon Secours Volunteers serve full-time or 40 hours a week at a particular placement site. The placement site is decided upon during the application process to the program. At the placement site, a site supervisor guides the volunteer through his or her ministry. During the application process, each volunteer receives a position description outlining his or her particular ministry.
- Provides the volunteer with the opportunity to directly serve people who suffer from economic injustice and, therefore, are underserved and vulnerable.
- Enables the volunteer to provide a service that otherwise would not be accomplished or which expands the mission of the placement site.
- Utilizes the unique gifts and talents of the individual volunteer.
- Keeps office tasks such as filing or paperwork to a minimum, only as part of the expected responsibilities and not as the volunteer’s primary role.
“Calling. That place where your deepest gladness
and the world’s deepest hunger meet.”
~ Frederick Buechner ~
Are you called to serve full-time as a Bon Secours Volunteer?
- Patient Liaison in Emergency Department
- Vascular Lab Volunteer
- Renal Department Volunteer
- Patient Care Associate
- Public Health Outreach/ Nutrition Worker
To learn more about our health care placements, please visit the website of The Bon Secours Baltimore Health System where our volunteers interested in health care serve.
- Teaching assistant at tuition-free Catholic middle school for girls
To learn more about our education placements, please view the websites of The Sisters Academy of Baltimore and St. Peter's Adult Learning Center.
- Child Development Coordinator at Family Support Center
To learn more about our social service placements, please visit the website of the Bon Secours Baltimore Health System and click on the “Bon Secours of Maryland Foundation/Community Services” menu item.
How do we decide on the Bon Secours Volunteer’s
We match the interests and talents of the volunteer with the needs of the community. Yet, to be in line with our mission we place a priority on the needs of the community. However, due to the intimate size of our program, we are often able to create positions that fit our volunteer’s interests. Therefore, if you have an interest that is not listed, feel free to contact us to inquire about the possibility of creating a new position.
Call 410.442.3161 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org today to inquire about our full-time volunteer positions!