January 24, 1824
The first 12 Sisters of Bon Secours professed their vows in the Chapel of the Blessed Virgin in the Church of St. Sulpice. Hyacinthe Louis de Quelen, Archbishop of Paris presided

1824
Upon official recognition by the Church, the Sisters of Bon Secours moved from a small apartment on Rue de Cassette and rented a house on Rue Notre Dame de Champs.

1825
Mother Potel entered into an agreement with the municipality of Lille which included a school for the instruction of children.

May 9, 1826
Mother Potel was buried in the cemetery at Montparnasse and Sr. Marie Angelique Geay was named Superior General of the Sisters of Bon Secours of Paris. She remained so until 1860.

1861
Sisters of Bon Secours arrived in Ireland.

1870
Sisters of Bon Secours arrived

1881
Sisters of Bon Secours arrived in United States.

1966
Sisters of Bon Secours arrive in Peru.

2008
Sisters of Bon Secours arrive in South Africa.

History

The Sisters of Bon Secours began in Paris, France around the time of the French Revolution caring for the sick and dying in their homes...

Mission

For us it was all about bringing people to wholeness and helping them know that there is a God who loves them...

Vocation

Is God calling you to a vocation in religious life as a vowed Catholic sister? Becoming a sister opens a world full of possibilities...