History

January 24, 1824

The first 12 Sisters of Bon Secours professed their vows in the Chapel of the Blessed Virgin in the Church of St. Sulpice. Hyacinthe Louis de Quelen, Archbishop of Paris presided

1824

Upon official recognition by the Church, the Sisters of Bon Secours moved from a small apartment on Rue de Cassette and rented a house on Rue Notre Dame de Champs.

1825

Mother Potel entered into an agreement with the municipality of Lille which included a school for the instruction of children.

May 9, 1826

Mother Potel was buried in the cemetery at Montparnasse and Sr. Marie Angelique Geay was named Superior General of the Sisters of Bon Secours of Paris. She remained so until 1860.

1861

Sisters of Bon Secours arrived in Ireland.

1870

Sisters of Bon Secours arrived

1881

Sisters of Bon Secours arrived in United States.

1966

Sisters of Bon Secours arrive in Peru.

2008

Sisters of Bon Secours arrive in South Africa.