Vocation to be a Sister and God’s call
As Sisters of Bon Secours we welcome you to connect with us to learn more about the life of a sister, discerning your vocation, understanding God’s call, religious life and our congregation.
Is God calling you to a vocation in religious life as a Sister of Bon Secours?
Can you picture yourself as …
- A woman consecrated to God by vows of poverty, chastity and obedience?
- A compassionate, healing and liberating presence – caring for all of creation?
- One who finds God in relationships – within community, colleagues in ministry, in people served and in the world?
- A woman of deep faith and prayer – anchored in God’s love?
- A sister to all – accompanying the poor and oppressed, the sick and the dying, healing injustices, bringing to all a message of hope and wholeness, and revealing to people a God who loves them?
If you can picture yourself as this woman, then you may want to explore a vocation with Sisters of Bon Secours. If you are a single, Catholic woman between the ages of 18 and 50 with no dependents, becoming a sister is possible.
So, how is God calling you? Who is God calling you to be? What is God calling you to do with your life? How do you know if you’re called to be a sister, a woman religious? We can offer you a place to ponder and understand both God’s call and your heart’s desire within a faith community.
Questions for pondering your call – your vocation in life
We can offer you an opportunity to ponder and understand God’s call and your heart’s desire. Allow us to accompany you on your journey to discern if you have a vocation to be a sister. One of our sisters found in the Country Vocation Directors listing on this page will be glad to connect with you.
Prayer for Vocations
We offer you the following prayer as you begin your journey.
Our Good God, all is gift from you! May I trust you with all my heart.
You love and accept me unconditionally and desire only what is best for me. Guide me to know your desire and help me to fulfill my vocation in life.
Help me to know with conviction that path in life you call me to so that I may say YES freely and joyfully and follow you where you lead me. Amen.
Our Lady of Bon Secours pray for me!